A yoga practice includes many benefits for the body, mind, and soul.
What are the benefits of yoga?
- Stress Relief
- Pain Relief
- Better Breathing
- Increased Strength
- Weight management
- Improved circulation
- Cardiovascular conditioning
- Better body alignment
- Focus on the present
(Adapted from Top Ten Reasons to Try Yoga, Yoga Alliance)
The Benefits of Yoga
- Yoga is a multi-dimensional discipline resulting in many benefits throughout the mind, body, and spirit. Literally, yoga means yoke or union; the yoking of our energy and the union of the mind, body, and spirit.
- Yoga can be utilized to calm the brain, the mind and body and release stress.
- Yoga can give the student an hour of time to release the outside world, come inward, a time to practice self-care and focus on the present.
- The Raja yoga or meditation taught at Free Spirit Yoga Studio is call Heartfulness.
- Yoga is about the joints in teh body. When we move joints, we stimulate the synovial fluid that lubricates the joints. Our joints should be mobile and not stiff.
- Yoga is about a healthy spine. In order to be healthy, you should have a healthy spine. A healthy spine is very strong and very flexible.
- Yoga works internally, stimulating all the organs and all the systems of the body.
- Yoga helps release tight muscles. There is an art and a science to stretching the body. Yoga perfects this science.
- Yoga is about balance, alignment, and perfect posture.
- One of the most important elements in yoga is breathing or pranayama (channelling your life force.)
- One of the most important things you can do all day long is breathe. It is important to oxygenate all the cells of the body. We relearn how to breathe in yoga class.
- When practiced regularly, yoga can help you heal and keep you healthy, not only physically but mentally and emotionally also.
- Yoga is used to rehabilitate after injury or illness.
- Yoga helps with flexibility throughout the body.
- Yoga helps increase the strength in the muscles and bones.
- Yoga helps with weight management.
- Yoga is a way to improve circulations.
- Yoga helps with cardiovascular conditioning.
- The human body is made of energy. We are human energy fields. Yoga helps balance this energy.